Wednesday, September 17, 2014

New and Improved!

For those of you who know me, what is the first thing/word you associate me with?







Did you pick Softball?  Many people would.  I have been playing competitive softball for fourteen years.  It started off as an extra curricular activity that my parents signed me up for.  Softball, basketball, gymnastics, volleyball, soccer, dancing, swimming were most of the activities I was involved in, but finally, I chose to pursue softball.  
Throughout Middle School and High School I played on a tournament team, NY Panthers and school league, Poly Prep.  If I missed any social gatherings it was because of softball, if I stayed late at school, it was because I had a game to play. Practice didn't stop because of seasonal changes.  During the winter my dad and I would travel hours just to see a pitching coach.  Once the season started, my parents and I spent countless hours in the car driving to fields in the middle of nowhere.  The funny thing is, I wouldn't trade my experience for anything. The girls, the parents, the inside jokes,  the rival teams, the hotel adventures, the heartbreaking losses and the unforgettable wins are memories that are irreplaceable.

Fast forward a few years to my senior year of college.  Fall semester flew by, but the weather was not cooperating.  I hardly spent any time on my home field before our season started.  Each weekend the games flew by and I couldn't slow it down. Spring Training was filled with 10 games in 5 days.  During the regular season we had 4 games every weekend, the season came and left before I knew it.  I had just finished my last game of softball and just like that my career was over.   

What in the world was I going to do? 

When I began college, I started teaching younger girls how to pitch.  I enjoyed the coaching aspect of the game and seeing the girls progress from week to week really inspired me to continue helping. This is a perfect way to keep softball in my life while benefiting others.

Finally, the point of my blog!  I created a website to market my coaching business.  Technology is a great way to connect with people.  I originally made this website my sophomore year of college, but recently updated it to make the site more official and show that I am serious about coaching.  Regardless of what lies ahead for me as far as a career, I hope to continue coaching and keeping Softball a part of my life.
Check the website out and let me know what you think:

P.S A shout out to Matt Petronis for originally assisting me with the pictures and to Sean Wilson for upgrading my computer, giving me the opportunity to revamp the site! 

2 comments:

  1. With your experience, passion and dedication, you will certainly make an excellent coach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Softball! Nice Visuals and Linking. I am going to be using your blog as an example for the class. Gary

    ReplyDelete