Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Beginning Of A New Journey



This past August, I packed my bags as I have for the past four years, loaded my car to the brim as I have for the past four years, and I even traveled the same path to the same school that I have been enrolled in for the past four years. However, something wasn't the same. 

I am no longer an undergrad business student-athlete at CUA.  My new title is a graduate student studying in the School of Business and Economics pursuing a Master’s degree in Business Analysis.  This nervous excited feeling was something I haven’t felt since my freshmen year of college, and walking into the ‘meet and greet’ orientation filled with business casual young adults did not calm my nerves.  Everyone seemed professional and put together.  

It wasn’t until the bonding day at Go Adventure, that I realized these students and I were all feeling the same way: excited, overwhelmed, and nervous. The day of team building exercises really brought my class and I closer together, it was a great experience and helped us realize we were all starting a new journey together.  I knew from that day we were going to excel through the Masters program as a team.  My outlook on this year is optimistic and with the help of my classmates I am excited for the road ahead and our journey together. 






5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting adventure lies ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post. I certainly know how you felt at the beginning of the program. I was like you in undergrad as someone who was very active on campus. I was nervous about being back and yet in a totally different role. Now that a few weeks have gone by I feel like I'm in the right place and found my spot on campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand where you come from. Moments before the start of the MSBA orientation I felt slightly intimidated from the incoming students and curriculum of the program. The Go Adventure event created by Professor McHie was perfect for other students to express their perspectives on different life subjects about team building and overcoming obstacles. If it was not for that trip I am pretty confident to say that the interaction among the students would have been very different. I am confident that we will all help each other by using each other's strengths to outweigh our weaknesses in the pursuit of the MSBA program and what awaits us in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone you said, it did feel different coming back to Catholic this time around even though it was all essentially the same thing. The campus looks exactly the same (not much can change in 3 months) but it does feel different.

    ReplyDelete